The Apartment Advisor
This 12 page newsletter is published six times a year. Subscribers also get access to an online 5-page Weekly Apartment Investment Update, and other resources.
Each issue of the newsletter discusses the most significant findings from our other research publications, as well as regional economic, political, and community issues and forces impacting the Puget Sound region's apartment investment and rental market. We also provide five-year forecasts for rents, vacancies, prices, and other indicators at least twice a year.
You get up-to-date advice and opinions, not only from us, but from local and national industry experts. We regularly survey developers, investors, professional property managers, architects, lenders, brokers, appraisers, economists, and others active in our market for their insights, recommendations, and forecasts.
The Apartment Advisor costs $170.00 a year for six issues and includes online weekly 5-page apartment investment updates (plus sales tax where applicable). What you get if you order today: Immediate online access to the current April 2017 issue, published April 18, 2017. You online access expires on March 31, 2018 and includes access to the weekly investment update. Your complete subscription includes the current and next five issues of the newsletter.
The information in The Apartment Advisor focuses primarily on trends in the region. While we regularly discuss submarkets, the newsletter is not meant to be a source for tracking submarket or neighborhood trends. That's the job of our other reports.
The Apartment Advisor provides subscribers with a "big picture" view of the market. It is mostly our discussion and interpretation of trends, along with other observations and forecasts. By comparison, our other reports do not provide observations, detailed discussions, or forecasts. They just provide current and historical data.
The variety of sources we use, the summaries of key findings from our other detailed research projects, and the overall insights in each issue, make The Apartment Advisor a useful resource for anyone interested in the Puget Sound region's apartment market.
The format is simple: one or more articles in each issue backed up with tables, graphs, historical information, input from others, summaries of key findings from all of our research reports, and forecasts.
- March issue: Operating and capital expense trends and forecast, from the results of our annual analysis of year-end statements for more than 70,000 units in the region (published in our Apartment Expense Report).
- April issue: Rents, vacancies, concessions, new construction, absorption, the economy and its impact, and more, from the results of our March survey of more than 170,000 rental units in the region from our Apartment Vacancy Report and the results of our monthly Apartment Development Report. This issue also updates our rental market and investment forecast of key indicators.
- June issue: Investment trends, including prices, capitalization rates, financing, yields, appreciation, and more, from our survey of 5-unit and larger apartment sales in King, Pierce, and Snohomish counties, updated weekly in our Apartment Investment Report. This issue also updates our rental market and investment forecast of key indicators.
- August issue: Although we tend to discuss whatever is on our minds in our regular issues through the year, we reserve the August issue to be our forum for any topic we think will be of interest to our subscribers.
- October issue: Rental market trends, including rents, vacancies, concessions, new construction, absorption, the economy and its impact, and more, from the results of our September rental market survey for our Apartment Vacancy Report and the results of our monthly Apartment Development Report. This issue also updates our rental market and investment forecast of key indicators.
- December issue. Annual forecast issue. This issue discusses the apartment trends from all of our research, ties these trends in with economic trends and interviews, and ends with our annual forecast of supply, demand, and investment performance.